CIPD Wales, the professional body for HR and people development, has announced entries for its 2019 awards are open.
To be held at Cardiff City Hall on 15th November, the third annual awards will celebrate the outstanding people development work that takes place across Wales.
Thousands of people work in the people profession across Wales, with HR and leadership development spanning every industry with last year’s awards recognising some of Wales’ top businesses and organisations including: Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water, National Assembly for Wales, Companies House, Office for National Statistics, Circle IT Solutions and Conduit Global.
Lesley Richards, head of CIPD Wales, said: “This is the third year we have held our awards and the number of entries keeps growing, so much so that this year we’re relocating to a larger venue. These awards are an opportunity for businesses to showcase how going above and beyond for their employees helps maximise business potential and promote a happy workforce.
“HR and people development is the one common factor that affects every business and it is amazing to see the professionalism and dedication in the industry in Wales. Last year we received some fabulous entries demonstrating the wellbeing of employees and recruiting and retaining the best people. We’re looking forward to hearing more of these stories this year and are looking forward to celebrating the top businesses and organisations in Wales this November.”
This year the awards welcomes a highly experienced panel of senior professionals representing all sectors including CIPD’s national Chief Adviser for HR Practice Tony Vickers-Byrne, Welsh Government’s Corporate Services Director, Peter Kennedy, Partner and Head of Employment and HR Services at Hugh James, Louise Price, Regional Director of LHH Penna Paul Harris, Krista Powell-Edwards from CIPD Mid and North Wales branch, Jeremy Ashdown of CIPD South East Wales branch, Head of Swansea Business School at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David Dr Maggie Inman and Deputy Director, Recruitment & Vetting Services of SSCL Mike Beynon.
The categories for this year’s CIPD Wales Awards are:
- Apprenticeship Scheme, which recognises high-quality apprenticeship programmes that demonstrate clear alignment with the organisation’s business and people strategies.
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiative, which recognises employers who are genuinely dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Embedding a culture of workplace well-being, which recognises employers that place employee health and well-being centre stage within the organisation and have embedded a strong culture of workplace well-being.
- Employee engagement, which recognises organisations that have embedded, or are seeking to embed, a culture of trust and empowerment that enhances employee involvement and engagement.
- External Consultancy, which recognises a partnership between an individual consultant or consultancy and a client organisation, working on a strategic project and people-related issue.
- In-House Team, which recognises HR/L&D teams that have demonstrated excellence across the organisation to meet both the needs of the business and its people.
- Organisational development / Learning and development, which will be looking at entries that demonstrate a link between organisation development and achieving business goals.
- Talent management, which recognises creative and effective talent attraction, retention and management strategies taking account current and future employee needs.
- Emerging Practitioner, which seeks to identify and recognise those early on in their careers who have shown the potential to make a significant impact within the organisation and the profession, now or in the future.
- Outstanding contribution in the field of people development in Wales, The CIPD Wales Outstanding Contribution Award is presented to an individual in recognition of their outstanding and exceptional contribution to the profession within Wales.
Instructions on how to enter the third annual CIPD awards can be found at www.cipdwalesawards.co.uk. The deadline for entries is 15th September 2019.
The event sponsors for 2019’s CIPD Wales Awards include Welsh Government, Hugh James and the University of South Wales.