Welsh artisan food and drink companies are set to unveil a host of exciting new products at this year’s Speciality & Fine Food Fair.
Held at Olympia London from 2-4 September, eleven leading producers will be exhibiting under the Cymru/Wales banner at the event with the support of Welsh Government at stand numbers 1916/2016 & 1920/2020.
Continuing its long established reputation for fine food and drink products, this year’s range of new product launches clearly demonstrates the continued creativity and innovation emerging from Wales:
- The Anglesey Sea Salt Company – Halen Môn are launching a number of new products to include Salt and vinegar, smoky wholegrain mustard, smoky Dijon mustard, and a smoky barbecue ketchup
- Cradoc’s Savoury Biscuits are launching a new cracker range to include popular Asian flavours – Lemongrass, Coconut and Chilli – Szechuan Peppercorn and Red Onion – Miso and Wasabi Seasoning with Fennel. As well as a Stilton and Cranberry – Cheddar and Onion Chutney.
- Snowdonia Cheese Company Ltd has introduced a new cheese range – Nature’s Nectar, a mature cheddar with Rum marinated figs and honey
- Patchwork Traditional Food Company will showcase a new ‘Welsh’ range backed by TV’s Siân Lloyd – ‘Siân Lloyd’s Best Welsh Pâté’ in 5 flavours, to include Cheese and Welsh Ale; Chicken Liver, Welsh Cider & Apple; and Lentil, Leek and Laverbread
- Rogue Preserves will be taste testing their new Espresso Martini Marmalade, using Coaltown Coffee’s award winning beans
- Terry’s Patisserie Ltd have launched a new Christmas afternoon tea box, offering a complete afternoon tea solution with ingenious touches
- Mountain Chocolate Company Ltd will showcase their new range of souvenir chocolate bars, custom designed for tourist attractions across the UK
Producers attending the Speciality & Fine Food Fair with support from the Welsh Government include Allie Thomas of Brecon based Cradoc’s Savoury Biscuits, who commented:
“The Speciality & Fine Food Fair has long been the UK’s leading industry showcase of fine food and drink and it continues to grow in terms of the number of visitors and exhibitors it attracts. That simply makes it a must-attend event for us to be seen among Wales’s finest food and drink companies and to showcase our products to potential buyers from the UK and further afield.”
Williams Rhys-Davies of The Bake Shed added,
“We are very much looking forward to attending the Speciality & Fine Food Fair with the help and support of the Welsh Government. With their assistance we have been able to develop new products, gain our accreditation and attend trade events where we can showcase our products to buyers in the hope of increasing sales.”
Across the three days of the Fair, visitors to the Cymru/Wales stand will be able to meet with passionate producers, sample unique food and drink products, learn about NPD and diverse ingredients ranging from fine chocolate, dairy products, condiments, beverages and premium alcoholic drinks and much more. There will also be a showcase featuring over 150 Great Taste Award 2018 winners from Wales.
The Welsh Government’s Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs, Lesley Griffiths AM said:
“It is fantastic to see such a strong representation from Wales at this year’s Speciality & Fine Food Fair. It provides a great opportunity to raise the profile and reputation of our industry and is testament to the continued recent growth we’ve witnessed in Welsh food and drink.
“It is also great to see so many of our products acknowledged in the 2018 Great Taste Awards. It is very encouraging that our commitment to quality has been recognised by the judges from the much respected Guild of Fine Foods. The awards are an important showcase of quality, innovation and outstanding taste from Welsh companies – both large and small. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate them all on their achievements.”
Now in its 19th year, Speciality & Fine Food Fair is the most influential annual gathering of artisan, speciality and luxury food and drink producers and distributors. It also offers an opportunity to learn and be inspired by top chefs and the very best industry speakers. The event is held in Olympia London from 2-4 September with the winners of the Great Taste Golden Fork Awards being announced on Monday 3 September.
Come and visit the Wales stands at 1916/2016 & 1920/2020 at Speciality & Fine Food Fair 2018.
A full list of Welsh Great Taste winners can be viewed here: https://businesswales.gov.wales/foodanddrink/news-and-events/news/wales-strikes-gold-great-taste-awards